This acquisition, which reinforces Supermix’s standing as the largest independent concrete producer and supplier in southeast Florida, is a vote of confidence not only in the construction industry’s future but in Florida’s economic future.
Heidelberg Cement Group. The acquisition included Continental’s ten (10) ready-mix concrete batch plants in southeastern Florida and approximately 80 trucks, considerably increasing Supermix™’s production and service capacity. Continental will retain a strong presence throughout the State of Floirda, focusing on supplying aggregates and
cement products to Florida’s ready-mix industry including Supermix™.
Established in 1989 with only two plants and 20 trucks, Supermix™ has grown consistently during the last two and a half decades and will now operate fourteen (14) locations from Fort Pierce to the Florida Keys, seventeen (17) ready-mix batch plants, over 200 ready-mix trucks, and a masonry concrete block and concrete paver production facility for Superblock™ and Superpaver™. Company executives say this is a strategic move not only because it is a significant investment and expansion for Supermix™, but it is also a vote of confidence in the future of Florida’s construction industry and in the state’s economic recovery.
This expansion follows Supermix™‘s corporate philosophy of growing the business steadily and always being “on time,” “on target” with its clients’ projects. The Supermix™ team will now have an added capacity to serve commercial, single-family residential and high-rise customers, and the ability to deliver its outstanding concrete products to job sites, large and small, throughout Florida.
The acquisition closed on August 3rd, 2012, and Supermix™ was represented by Marili Cancio of Cancio Johnson & Echarte PL.ABOUT CENTRAL CONCRETE SUPERMIX: Central Concrete Supermix, Inc. (“Supermix”)[www.supermix.com] has been serving the construction industry in Miami-Dade, Broward, South Palm Beach areas for 23 years. It is today the largest independent producer and supplier of concrete products in the state of Florida.
The Supermix™ team continuously strives to fulfill its tradition of being the “On-Time Concrete Company”® and provide the highest quality concrete products, service and expertise by utilizing the most advanced equipment, technologies and innovations, as well as engaging the most qualified and service-oriented personnel. Supermix™
has been an industry leader in many aspects, including being the first independent concrete supplier to use air conditioning in its mixer cabs and automatic transmission in its trucks, enhancements that add to the comfort of drivers and eliminate the need for shifting gears, which causes concrete spillage.
Central Concrete Supermix, Inc. is an active member of a host of industry organizations:
• ABC (Associated Builders & Contractors) • DBA (Developers & Builders Alliance)
• BASF (Builders Association of South Florida) • CASF (Construction Association of South Florida)
• FC&PA (Florida Concrete and Products Association)
• NRMCA (National Ready Mixed Concrete Association)
• MAF (Masonry Association of Florida) • NCMA (National Concrete Masonry Association)The company’s performance, professionalism and quality products have been recognized with numerous honors and honors through the years. Supermix™ has been listed seven times, from 1998 through 2005, in Hispanic
Business Magazine’s “Top 500 Hispanic Companies in the United States” and the South Florida Business Journal has ranked Supermix among its “Top 100 Largest Private Companies in South Florida.” Among Supermix’s high profile projects:RESIDENTIAL
• Murano at Portofino, Murano Grande; Icon & Apogee Condominiums — South Beach
• The Jade, Park Place, Icon Brickell — Brickell
• NoBe Bay Condo and Indian Creek Parking Garage — Miami Beach
• Trump I, II and III Condominium Towers — Sunny Isles Beach and North Miami Beach
• Brickell Courts, Brickell View, Carbonell and Asia Condominiums — Brickell Key
• the 50 Biscayne Plaza and The Lofts II — Downtown Miami
• the Grand Bay — Key Biscayne
• Grove Hill Tower Condominiums — Coconut Grove
• Red Road Commons — South Miami
• 100 Andalusia — Coral Gables
CORPORATE | INSTITUTIONAL | INDUSTRIAL | GOVERNMENTAL
• Lowes Convention Center Hotel — Miami Beach
• The Mutiny Hotel — Coconut Grove
• Ryder System Worldwide Headquarters — Doral
• Sysco Southeast Florida — Riviera Beach
• Caterpillar Distribution Center – Medley
• Douglas Entrance — Coral Gables
• Miami Children’s Museum — Watson Island
• Miami Children’s Hospital — Miami
• U.S. Southern Command Headquarters — Doral
• Miami-Dade Water & Sewer Oxygenation Treatment Plant — Miami
• SR836 Toll Plaza for MDX/Miami-Dade Expressway — Miami
• the Concourse “D” Extension at Miami International Airport
For more details or to request an interview with Central Concrete Supermix executives, please call Arquimedes Trujillo at 305.281.9700 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org
— end —
Click Link to view Press Release: